A piece I wrote on biofictioning Belle Bilton at writing.ie.
Judy Murphy of the Connacht Tribune intervewed me about Becoming Belle and did a pretty great three page spread in this week’s Trib. You have to buy it to read it all (paywall or hard copy) but you can also read some of it here.
- Victorian Afternoon Tea, 1 Pery Square, Limerick, 19th Aug
- Hodges Figgis 200 year anniversary. Reading series – 23rd Aug, 6pm. Hodges Figgis, Dublin.
- Dublin launch of Becoming Belle, The Gutter Book Shop, 5th September, 6.30pm. Launch by Mia Gallagher.
- Galway launch of Becoming Belle, Ballinasloe Library, 11th September, 6pm. Launch by Mary O’Rourke.
- Shorelines Arts Festival, Portumna 15th September, 3pm. Portumna Library.
- Clifden Arts Week – 18th September with Alan McMonagle. 4.30pm, Station House
- Wexford launch of Becoming Belle, Gorey Visitor Centre, 21st September, 6pm. Launch by Caroline Busher.
- Bluestacks Festival, Donegal – 7th October, 3pm,Abbey Centre, Ballyshannon. Reading and conversation with Mary O’Donnell.
- Red Line Festival, 9th October – Victorian Mavericks with Bernie McGill & Caroline Busher, 7.30pm, Pearse Museum, Dublin
- DLR Voices, 23rd October – The Pavilion, Dun Laoghaire – reading and interview with Sarah Maria Griffin. Time tbc.
Nuala writes in the Irish Examiner today about herself and Belle as single parents in their respective eras, 1890s and 1990s. Read it here.