Tied to the Moon Mother – Elisabeth Ladwig
I’m looking forward to taking part in Miscellany50, a celebratory radio festival weekend of short writing and music produced to salute fifty years of Sunday Miscellany, the RTÉ Radio 1 programme. Five concerts at the Project Arts Centre, Dublin, will each capture a decade between 1968 and 2018. I chose my birth year, 1970, and my essay ‘Mother Moon’ is about the moon and the Apollo 13 mission.
Miscellany50’s concerts will be recorded and produced for broadcast on RTÉ Radio 1 in 2019.
Here’s the line-up for the concert I will take part in:
Friday 7 December, 7.30pm
John Bowman, Mae Leonard, John Boland, Nuala O’Connor, Leo Cullen, Denise Blake, Louis de Paor, Gerald Dawe, Evelyn Conlon, Denis Sexton and Gemma Tipton, Contempo String Quartet, Richie Buckley, Máire Ní Chéilleachair and Jennifer Walshe.
More info on the series of concerts here.
I’m taking part in this Art of Border Living event Weds 14th November, 7pm, with Paul McVeigh & Garret Carr in Poetry Ireland.
I was commisioned to write a WW1 short story, set in Fermanagh, for it. I called it ‘Tin’.
Free event, but tickets must be booked here: https://www.poetryireland.ie/whats-on/the-art-of-border-living
I’m reading at Clifden Arts Festival with my friend Alan McMonagle on Tuesday the 18th September. Details here.
• Victorian Afternoon Tea, 1 Pery Square, Limerick, 19th Aug
• Dublin launch, The Gutter Book Shop, 5th September, 6.30pm
• Galway launch, Ballinasloe Library, 11th September, 6pm
• Shorelines Arts Festival, Portumna 15th September, 7pm. Venue TBC.
• Clifden Arts Week – 18th September with Alan McMonagle
• Hodges Figgis 200 year anniv. Reading series – Sep. – date TBC
• Red Line Festival, October – Victorian Mavericks with Bernie McGill & Caroline Busher, 7.30pm, Pearse Museum, Dublin
ONE CITY ONE BOOK, DUBLIN
Monday 23rd, Cabra Library, 6.30pm: The Long Gaze Back One City One Book event with Eimear Ryan, Susan Stairs and Sinéad Gleeson.
CÚIRT FESTIVAL, GALWAY
Tuesday 24th, Town Hall Theatre, Galway. Reading my flash ‘Pearl’ at the launch of ROPES.
Wednesday 25th, Charlie Byrne’s Bookshop. Launching three new Salmon poetry collections by the fabulous trio that are Moya Roddy, Paul Kingsnorth and Anne Casey.
Thursday 26th, Bite Club, Galway. Reading from my story ‘The Boy from Petropólis’ at the launch of the brand new Stinging Fly anthology.